Sunday, October 27, 2013

Easy DIY spray painted frames

 Hello!
I've been missing for a while.  I am back.  When I started this blog, I never realized how time consuming it can be!  So, I just quit putting any time at all into it, and I realized that it missed me:)  haha I just finally have something to write about really.  We have been working on our master bedroom/bathroom since May.  Yes, 5 months.  No, it is still not finished.  And no, we aren't doing anything super extravagant either, I've just honestly been lazy and haven't wanted to work on it every waking moment like usual.  So instead, I've been in a constant bad mood for 5 months every time I walk in our bedroom.  I can finally say, our bathroom is ALMOST finished, and our room is about 75% there.  Cross your fingers I can get my butt in gear and be done by Thanksgiving.   In the past, I've only ever posted before and after total room reveals.  (Well I've done 3 ok?!)  So with this post, I just wanted to do a small one and get back into the swing of this blog thing.  So there were a couple DIY projects that I did for the bathroom, so I wanted to share.  The next post (in the next week HOPEFULLY!!!)  will be the whole bathroom reveal.  I love it.  It turned out amaze.  Anyway..I have been Inspired by anything gold,  and I'm finding myself wanting to use it everywhere! I  wanted to try an easy project that would add a huge impact to the walls.   I found frames on clearance at target for less than $10 each, and so I knew if I screwed them up, it wasn't a huge investment:)  I've seen them in all different colors, but we wanted to incorporate red as an accent color, so I spray painted them red, let them dry a couple hours (really less than a couple hours..I'm impatient) and taped off the corners praying that the red was dry.  I then used gold spray paint to paint the corners of the frames.  I love them!!!!  They turned out just how I envisioned!!  I am not a very good blogger because I did not take any before pictures of the frames, but they started out as metallic silver.  Just picture that in your mind for the before picture.  I used red and gold one two, and black and gold on the other. Really only because I ran our of red spray paint:)  I'm not very prepared sometimes when it comes to diy projects...I never really have it planned out when I'm going to start, then I get a hair up my butt one day, and decide I want to do it right that very second.  So anyway, 2 red, 1 black!
   
I had been obsessing over this Hey Y'all print I saw on Instagram, and finally decided I needed it.  I ordered it from www.stephaniecreekmur.com .  She is a very talented designer who has tons of prints all with southern sayings!  I love all of them, but settled on the Hey Y'all sign!  I love how it looks!! The other two prints were designed by my husband, and available in our  Etsy shop! Brockpaperscissor.etsy.com


This one is one of my absolute favorites!  I am a true believer in this saying:)   Our dogs are one of the biggest joys in our lives, and I am consumed by them.  I love them dearly.  So I kiss them daily:)


          
I took two sewing classes this past year, and so now I'm basically an expert.  Haha I wish.  Sewing is one of the hardest things ever for a very impatient person.   Which I am.  I hate measuring (anything really...in baking, sewing, hanging pictures) so I honestly just measure with my eyeballs, cut, and hope it all lines up.  Believe me, until I can perfect this hobby a little more, I wouldn't ask me to sew your new $50.00 per yard fabric drapes:)  Anyway, with all that being said, I did manage to whip up this curtain, and it really doesn't look half bad.  It is actually pretty darn straight.  I also love everything that has pom pom fringe on it, and wanted to mimic some curtains I saw on Pinterest.  In the end, it turned out exactly how I hoped!   did have my fingers crossed the whole time.....  I hung the curtain rod about 6 inches higher than the window because I wanted to give the illusion that the window was actually bigger than it is.  Our bathroom is very small, and so I try to fake it when I can!  Hopefully in the next week we are fully finished with our bathroom, and I will post all the before and after pictures!  It started out as a hot mess!!  We love the the final outcome!

1 comment: